• Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Forum

Go Back   Chandrayaan | Forums > Chandrayaan 1

Chandrayaan 1 Forum to discuss India's first Moon Mission , Chandrayaan-1

Old 10-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Lightbulb True threat anticipation to Mission Chandrayaan-I

Dear Friends,

As per my anticipation on this forum as "Space Forecaster" about threat to mission Chandrayaan-I comes true when ISRO Director accpeted that it was not a mission perfect, there was a great scare to the mission as some fuel spilled off from the rocket, it may lead to some disaster. Also weather conditions were also highly unfavorable. It was put on my blog http://worldforecast.blogspot.com where all space mission related forecasts are put by me.

(To Administrator : Pl. check who close my previous thread "Space Forecaster" if it was violating your ruler you should have to mail me before closing, don't you think advance anticipation is useful to save hard work and moral of our great scientist ? pl. reply to me at worldforecast@rediff.com)

With Regards,

Space_Forecaster

When the Moon Mission had a major scare

October 23, 2008 00:47 IST

A "small" fuel spill mishap when the Polar rocket with the Chandrayaan-I spacecraft atop was being fuelled created a near "scare" during the final countdown for the launch of India's maiden unmanned moon mission, ISRO Chief Madhavan Nair said.

This was revealed by Nair who earlier in the day spoke of how space scientists at the Sriharikota spaceport faced an "ordeal" after rains pounded the area and surrounding parts for nearly five days.

"Yesterday, we had a small mishap during filling operation when some of the fuel spilled over from one of the courses of the ground system and this created almost a scare," Nair said.

The ISRO chief also said launch personnel had to clear the "pad" and then carry out repairs before proceeding with the blast-off preparations.
"We had to take a tough decision as to how much of fuel had to be loaded, how much as to be unloaded and number of operations to be carried out simultaneously which we have never done earlier," he said.
"We lost 10 hours in the countdown yesterday due to inclement weather and almost lost the hope of making the launch. But working against all odds ISRO team has won the game," Nair said. North-East monsoon usually peaks over the eastern coast around this time of the year.
"It was an ordeal and never before we had such horrible weather just ahead of the launch date," he added.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/oct/23imoon.htm

Last edited by space_forecaster; 10-23-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Tags
mission forecast, scare to mission.