• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Forum

Go Back   Chandrayaan | Forums > Chandrayaan 1

Chandrayaan 1 Forum to discuss India's first Moon Mission , Chandrayaan-1

Old 11-22-2008, 06:48 AM

Question Will Chandrayaan get Pics of US flag on Moon?

Hello all,

I have seen a thread where it is mentioned that the mission is so out dated or meant like that.

How ever, I have the question whether our TMC will be able to take photos of the crashed MIP ?

With a 5m resolution camera, can we see the US flag and other remains of the US landing on Moon !

Still the controversy is there about the landing of Neil Amstrong, on which we are considered as out dated !!

The flag should be there rite ? and We know the landing position of Nasa also !

Any ideas ?

Regards
Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 AM

yep....
I do think the TMC will be able to take the pics.
Just imagine how the ever-hungry-for-breaking-news media would react if it did !!!!
That would be certainly good if the controversy would be cleared due to our Chandrayaan.....
What do you think ????
Old 11-22-2008, 02:52 PM

ya.........
i do thinks the same.
our chandraya should take the photos of the us space creaft
Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 AM

Considering the TMC's res of 5m, anything smaller than this would not be easy to identify. The Apollo missions had left some small scientific instruments on the Moon, but these would be difficult to spot unless there were larger than 5m. And there are none bigger than that!

Probably the Apollo Moon buggy? But considering that the frame was 10 feet (3 m) long with a wheelbase of 7.5 feet (2.3 m) and a maximum height of 3.75 feet (1.1 m), you'd still not be able to see it!

And what of the MIP? Considering that its dimensions are 14.76 inches x 14.76 inches x 18.5 inches, there is absolutely no way the MIP can be photographed by the TMC!

Cheers!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Default Photos

Yeah, It seems not possible ! 5m resolution may be a dot or 5sqm in the snap if I got it correct.

I hope atleast the radar senses the metalic part left by the predecessors ?

I have seen a video on you tube, seems appolo 16... Its a 28 minute video. Surprisingly the suns shadow of the LM and the flag pole remains same for all the 28 mins.. There should be a gradual shift in atleast 10 mins due to the revolution of moon rite?

So a bit confused and seems conspiracy theories have some thing to think worthy !
Old 11-24-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakveen View Post
I have seen a video on you tube, seems appolo 16... Its a 28 minute video. Surprisingly the suns shadow of the LM and the flag pole remains same for all the 28 mins.. There should be a gradual shift in atleast 10 mins due to the revolution of moon rite?
Can you give us a link to that video?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:28 PM

hai frnds,
i think chandrayan ill not target the area where 'US' too launched .cos,it is not targetting to prove the truth of the past journey but,to know something new which is not yet studied and not revealed .
Old 03-27-2010, 08:06 AM

If you think about it, a resolution of 5m per pixel will not capture anything except for craters that are kilometers in diameter. As someone has said already the rovers are small and would occupy one pixel at this resolution, so we could not see anything except a block pixel.

I do not think NASA or India space agency would let us see the real detail in the photographs as they show too much detail of the moon. WE will only get similar to the Japanese photographs that have been released, which are very blurred and not good definition at all.

These days, our home digital camera can take better pictures than some of the Moon photographs we are getting. I wonder why they are so bad? What possible reason could they have for not releasing the photographs in high definition?
Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
These days, our home digital camera can take better pictures than some of the Moon photographs we are getting. I wonder why they are so bad? What possible reason could they have for not releasing the photographs in high definition?
Ah! That's the million dollar question! So what's on the Moon that they do not want us to see in hi-res? Alien artifacts? Or our own bases on the Moon which we've probably established in the early 60s? Are you guys aware that there's a top secret U.S. space program with a secret corps of astronauts that exist but kept hidden from public view?

If anyone's interested, let's know. I'll link you to my vids on YouTube that'll blow your socks away! There's more on the Moon and Mars than you've ever dreamt of!

Cheers!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:34 AM

I have found an interesting forum called Alien Anomalies with some good clear photographs of anomalies. Maybe this is why there are not many photographs released from the Indian mission to the Moon? Perhaps the US has threatened them not to release them to the public - on threat of man-made US-made HAARP-generated earthquake.

The Indians were doing so well too, it is a shame that their hands have been tied behind their backs.

Of course, the Chinese have not released ANY pictures of their mission to the Moon either. At least India has released a few 'token' pictures. Something/someone must be stopping these all these countries from releasing their photgraphs.