• Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Forum

Go Back   Chandrayaan | Forums > Chandrayaan 2

Chandrayaan 2 Forum to discuss India's second Moon Mission, chandrayaan-2

Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 AM

Default Chandrayaan 2

Dear ISRO,

Chandrayaan-2 should have a soft lander that would land on moon, pick up some moon rocks from the place where it lands, and then launch those samples in moon orbit at an appropriate time. The samples would then be collected by Chandrayaan-3 from moon orbit and brought back to earth in a recovery capsule. This should validate a lot of technologies for future manned moon missions.

Kindly don't make Chandrayaan-2 a copy of Chandrayaan-1 and I don't see much use for a rover that will do chemical tests in moon. Please send a launcher to moon that would return sample to earth instead. There is also no use for doing chemical tests of soil samples on moon when the samples can be better analyzed on earth.

We should have one Chandrayaan mission every year now. Congratulations for doing a good job on Chandrayaan-1.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:20 AM

good .
but it is very dificult to send the small particles to moons orbit and also to collect from that so it required some special technique to do so ... but now we dont have any technique.........
Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 AM

Post My view on the new Chandrayaan-3

We know that all ISRO projects are budget oriented projects. The budget allotted for chandrayaan-2 is Rs 425 cr. So It is not possible to launch one more chandrayaan-3 to experiment on the samples from moon within this budget. It is probably the best idea to wrap up the experiments with chandrayaan-2. It is not really worth it to recover capsule that contains junk such as moon's samples etc... because such recovery is useful only when we have astronauts visiting the moon. As for as I know ISRO doesn't lack technology at all!!! They are among the best engineers of the world. But the difference is that we don't get enough funds to carry on extensive research. It is not a joke to carry out rocket science experiments with stringent budgets. I have seen so many views criticizing the Chandrayaan-1 project. It seems it is a waste of money which can actually be allotted for the upliftment of the poor in this country (In my view they don't deserve it because we don't get anything in return). ISRO's marketing wing Antrix has been marketing our products in the international market and guess what, they have made heafty profits resently! So ISRO has always been working for the upliftment of our nation and our nation will be a super power in space technology by 2020 !
Old 03-14-2009, 07:58 AM

Yes, the ISRO people are certainly among the best engineers of the world. As for the budget problem, I don't think we have any sort of temporary or permanent solution to that one at present (though I sincerely feel that those netas need to rack their brains for this).
Old 03-20-2009, 08:21 PM

Default Indians can do it

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. And ISRO Scientists are definitely tough enough to handle such challenges and show to the universe that they can do it !
Old 07-19-2009, 07:44 AM

Default Chandrayaan 2

To most Indians, Chandrayaan is as important as Niel Armstrongs landing on moon. Our ISRO is at par with other Space agencies like NASA or may be even better. We have the scientific knowledge and a dedicated team of scientists who have devoted their life for the success of this project. Lets hope and pray that this lunar mission will be successful.