• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Forum

Go Back   Chandrayaan | Forums > Chandrayaan 2

Chandrayaan 2 Forum to discuss India's second Moon Mission, chandrayaan-2

View Poll Results: Do you think India should have a Manned Space Program?
Yes actually we should have had it long ago 23 82.14%
No we need to take care of poverty in the country first 0 0%
I can think of better projects than this 1 3.57%
The technology spin-off will be extremely useful 5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2007, 01:30 PM

Smile Congratulations to ISRO

ASISC - Astronautical Society of India Student Chapter congratulates the Indian Space Research Organisation for their milestone achievement in the exploration of the moon.

In Prayers for the nation,

hemant kedare.

Last edited by hemant.kedare; 11-08-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:50 PM

Question useful service to the society

hi, this is my inner feeling only anybody may correct it if it is wrong.

all these advanced missions, no doubt will prove the nations, ability and knowledge. however:
are the scientific community not indebted to the society, whose tax is being used for such scientific missions?
are the services which are planned to be performed not to reach the common man directly in his day to day life?
I strongly feel experimenting the lunar garvity in creating earth quake and devasting (dec-2006) TSUNAMI must have much........more.........priority than analysing the particle on the lunar surface using so called shopisticated rovers robots etc.

i welcome a open heart discussions on this issue.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:44 PM

Since you have no suggestion, your post is meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvaraj61 View Post

all these advanced missions, no doubt will prove the nations, ability and knowledge. however:
are the scientific community not indebted to the society, whose tax is being used for such scientific missions?
are the services which are planned to be performed not to reach the common man directly in his day to day life?
I strongly feel experimenting the lunar garvity in creating earth quake and devasting (dec-2006) TSUNAMI must have much........more.........priority than analysing the particle on the lunar surface using so called shopisticated rovers robots etc.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvaraj61 View Post

Are armed forces people indebted to die for protecting u just coz u spend tax money on their salary(just an analogy).Is it not the true that Isro's programs are as beneficial to common man from providing weather info to mapping the resources and earning valuable money more than wat it spends.Knowledge gained never goes waste like ur tax money which is wasted like water by govt. on other stupid programs.Instead of questioning that wastage u term money spend on ISRO as waste.Think about it

Last edited by ajayt; 10-28-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:24 PM

http://www.chandrayaan-i.com/forum/s...62&postcount=8