View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Default Chandrayaan News Alert! ISRO gets green signal for manned space mission

Chandrayaan News Alert!

The Planning Commission has shown the green light to the Rs 12,400-crore manned space mission of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scheduled for launch by 2015.

'We had a good meeting. The general inference is that ISRO has done an expert job and it needs to be supported. The Planning Commission will support it,' said Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia who had a two-hour meeting last Friday with top ISRO scientists and officials of the Department of Space.

Ahluwalia said the Human Space Flight project would be executed in two phases. In the first phase, an unmanned flight would be launched in 2013-14 and the second stage in 2014-15 would be a two-man mission.
Late last year, ISRO chairman G Madhavan Nair had announced that India expected to accomplish a manned space mission in 7-8 years and would undertake its manned moon mission by 2020.

And in January this year, M Annadurai, project director of Chandrayaan-I, said the successful launch of Chandrayaan-I last October had given space scientists the confidence to undertake a manned mission to the moon.

He said the Chandrayaan-II mission was expected to be undertaken within a couple of years and would be followed by Chandrayaan-III. The Chandrayaan-I mission, he said, was sending considerable amount of data and scientists were busy analysing it.

For detail news visit :
http://www.chandrayaan-i.com/news/ne...rchive02232009

Sincerely,
www.chandrayaan-i.com team

This is not an official website of ISRO , neither endorsed or recognised officially by ISRO or any of its institutions, nor contents of this website are necessarily the official view of ISRO.

If you have any questions, please go to http://www.chandrayaan-i.com/forum

If you would like to unsubscribe, please login to forum deselect "Receive Email from Administrators" option